After almost two weeks of hiking along the Inca Trail and exploring the Peruvian countryside on our way to Machu Picchu, I’m back in Connecticut! We had the most amazing trip and although we didn’t see half as many llamas as I would have liked, it was definitely one of my favorite trips I’ve taken in the past few years. Plus I got to continue my new year’s resolution tradition of visiting a new country every year, which was doubly exciting since I’d never been to South America in general before!
I can’t wait to tell y’all more about my adventures, with lots of pictures of Cusco and the ruins at Machu Picchu, but until then here’s a few of my favorites from this past week:
- Travel & Leisure’s latest article about tv locations that you can visit in real life. While I’ve only been to a few of these spots, including the café outside of Sherlock’s apartment in London, I’m a huge tv geek and I find visiting shooting locations to be way too much fun.
- These skin care masks. I’m usually not huge into masks because I have pretty sensitive skin and am hesitant to try out new products, but I’ve heard so many great reviews about the benefits of using these masks! Plus you can’t beat such a good deal which is why I ordered a pack for myself last night!
- After over 12 years on Broadway, Wicked is finally being turned into a movie! I saw the musical with Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth way back in the day and I already can’t wait to see the film adaptation. It’ll be interesting to see if the movie takes more from the musical or the original novel, which definitely has darker content the the Broadway show.
- How delicious do these chicken parmesan sliders look??! These look perfect for a party dish this summer or just for a fun group dinner.
- I love Brooke’s (of World of Wanderlust) list of the best spots to grab gelato in Florence! I spent ten days traveling through Italy when I studied abroad in college and I completely agree that Florence has some of the best gelato in the country. And while I’m not an expert per say, 99% of my meals on that trip consisted of pizza and gelato so I feel like I’m somewhat qualified to give my two cents!
What have been your favorite reads from this week?