I’m one of those people who takes satisfaction in the little things in life. Whether it’s painting my nails, making a new dish for dinner, or indulging in a glass of wine after a long day at work, I’m usually pretty easy person to please.
Which got me thinking the other day about whether I have any guilty pleasures that I actually feel guilty about… And to be totally honest, I’ve never felt a pang of remorse for my indulgences. I mean, if I really like something why should I feel guilty about doing so? Plus everyone’s got at least one or two (and you’re lying if you say you don’t), so why not spread the cheer and be open with yourself and everyone else!
So I’m throwing my secrets out into the open and sharing with y’all my top “guilty” pleasures:
- Watching way too much reality television It’s gotten to the point where I refer to Lisa Vanderpump and Stassi Schroeder by their first names as if I know them because I’ve watched way, way too many episodes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules. Sometimes you just need a little mindless tv after work and plus I love gossiping about new episodes with my friends the next day. Also The Bachelor/The Bachelorette is basically an addiction for me, so much so that it got to the point where a few friends and I set up a Bachelor Bracket for this past season.
- Eating popcorn for dinner I absolutely love cooking and trying out new recipes (I made a mushroom gnocchi for dinner last night!), but sometimes there’s nothing I love more than channeling my inner Olivia Pope and enjoying a bag of popcorn and a glass of wine while catching up on my latest book. This is mostly because I can be unbelievably lazy some nights but whatever because I’m an adult and I make my own decisions haha.
- Taking photos out of airplane windows while traveling Yes I know that this classifies me as absolutely basic but I just can’t stop. It’s either taking pictures or sleeping, so I might as well use the excuse to practice being artsy!
- Pretending to host my own cooking show when I’m home alone I haven’t come up with an official name for my show yet but I feel like it’s going to be a hit. I’m thinking something along the lines of “Cooking with Courtney,” which will follow my struggle as I try to finally figure out how to make cauliflower rice without it turning to total mush.
- Watching Say Yes to the Dress and getting emotional when the girls find the perfect wedding dress No I don’t have plans to get married anytime soon but I just can’t help but get drawn in with all of the drama. Most of my thoughts go something like, “WHY WON’T GRANDMA STOP BEING SO CRITICAL OMG” and “WHY IS SHE TRYING ON A DRESS THAT’S $10,000 OUT OF HER PRICE RANGE” and so on.
What are your favorite guilty pleasures??