Not going to lie, some of my favorite Sunday memories are of sleeping in, making a big breakfast, and promptly getting back into bed to binge-watch Friends. But now that I’m living on my own I’ve realized that as much as I love to be lazy all day, being a big girl means that I have to get my butt out of bed and get shit done… Even if it means having to change out of my pajamas!
When I’m not traveling or have company over, I try to follow this regime so that by Sunday night I feel incredibly satisfied, and not like a lump in the bed. Which is surprisingly good motivation for the rest of the week!
- Sweat it out. I know, I know. Unless you love to work out, it can be hard to drag yourself away from your nice warm bed. But I find that going for a run or a bike ride in the morning does wonders for me. Not only do I feel more awake after exercising but the fresh air is so invigorating, especially when it’s this nice outside!
- Clean your apartment. You know the deal–vacuum, laundry, dishes and even make sure to scrub the toilet. You will be so happy if you do all of these things when you have nothing to do, rather than when you’re exhausted after work. I can attest to that fact.
- Errands. I don’t usually mind running errands but it sometimes feels like I’ve left things to do until the very last minute. Do any of you guys do that too? So my Sunday afternoons are usually filled with me running from store to store in hopes that I’ve remembered everything on my shopping list.
- Cook. I actually do love to cook. But sometimes after work and going to the gym, I don’t have much energy to make a real meal and instead pop a frozen pizza into the oven. But I’ve found that if I make one or two meals for the rest of the week on Sunday, I eat healthier because I already have pre-made dinners.
- Call home. I sometimes forget to do this because of everything else I’m doing on the weekends, but make sure to call home and give your folks a call home even if you can only talk for a few minutes!
- Unplug and relax. I like to unwind at the end of the day by putting away my laptop and phone, and curling up on the couch with a good book. Right now I’m reading “P.S. I Love You,” which is just so beautifully sad. This way, when I’m ready for bed, I’m relaxed and ready for a good night’s sleep before work the next morning.
Do you guys have a routine for Sunday or do you sometimes like to just veg out and watch Netflix??